POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Physical model : Re: Physical model Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical model
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 22 Jul 2004 16:06:44
Message: <41001e54@news.povray.org>
Hi!

 >>> I would like to know if it is posible to create a physicals
 >>> moldels with PovRay, like for example a simple pendulum.

 >> It's not possible with the official version, [...]

 > Of course you can render a simple pendulum in official POV-Ray

Yeah. I know that. Of course you can render all kind of stuff in
POV-Ray, and model the correct behaviour either by SDL, by hand or by
3rd-party apps. But that's not the point IMHO. Andres searches a
possibility to "create physical models". I think the pendulum was only
an example. And you're the last person one has to tell that SDL is not
the best way to create those (more complex) models ;)

But you're right, I should have pointed out that one could also do the
calculations in pure SDL...

Florian